The NHS Eyecare Services Programme concluded in March 2008. This site is now an archive.
For up-to-date information on eye care issues visit the NHS PCC Website
The NHS Eyecare Services Programme
Although this programme has come to an end, many of the resources on this site are still useful and relevant. The sections above contain documents that can be viewed and downloaded as Portable Document Format (PDF) files as well as links to other resources.
For current news of policy initiatives, events and support for primary care trusts commissioning eyecare, please visit the website of Primary Care Contracting, the essential resource for primary and community care commissioning.
Resources on this site (select the tabs at the top of the page to view these sections)
- Status of the NHS Eyecare Services Programme
- Presentations from the National Eyecare Services Conference
- Commissioning toolkit for community based eyecare services
- National map of the pilot sites with details of regional initiatives
- Top 10 tips from the pilot sites
This section contains archive material only. For up-to-date eyecare news see:
Articles covering the development of eyecare services, the role of emotional support and counselling in eyecare programmes and the successful start to community based glaucoma screening services.
A useful presentation on the conditions that brought about the Eyecare pathways programme, its objectives and lessons learnt.
- Evaluation reports on the pilot sites
- End of project reports on the pilot sites